No products in the cart.
Request a Quote (847) 680-7700
Is your yard ramp need short term? Rent a yard ramp from Handi-Ramp for a fraction of the cost of a purchasing a ramp. Renting is a money saving option for temporary use of a yard ramp, forklift ramp or container ramp.
- Rent from an industry leader you can trust
- Easy monthly payment option
- Rent-To-Own Program
Call our yard ramp experts at (847) 680-7700
Standard Yard Ramp Features
- Steel Construction
- Steel Safety Side Curbs
- Reinforced Approach Apron
- Serrated Steel Grating Surface
- With or Without Level Off
- Two 36″ Safety Chains
- 2-Speed manual crank (Other options available. See below.)
- Steel Wheels (Other options available. See below.)
Standard Tread Plate Lip
The 16-inch tread plate lip extends into the trailer or over the dock edge for smooth transitions.
Standard Safety Chains
Chains hold the yard ramp securely to the trailer or dock; for dock-to-ground applications. Optional chain brackets are available.
How to Determine What Size Yard Ramp is Right for You
The specific model of yard ramp you need depends on 4 factors:
- The distance between the ground and the top of the loading dock (the rise)
- The maximum angle of incline your forklift can handle (usually 14 to 19%, this determines the length needed)
- The width of your forklift (usually 48 to 86 inches). It may may vary more or less.
- The weight capacity you require (about three times the capacity of your forklift) Read more about selecting yard ramp dimensions and capacity.
Yard Ramp Specifications Chart
|Capacity||Length (Feet)||Width (OD)*||Usable Width||Approx Weight lbs.|
|16,000 lbs||30 ft||72 inches *||64 inches||4159|
|30 ft||86 inches *||78 inches||4964|
|36 ft||72 inches *||64 inches||5102|
|36 ft||86 inches *||78 inches||5828|
|20,000 lbs||30 ft||72 inches *||64 inches||4384|
|30 ft||86 inches *||78 inches||5189|
|36 ft||72 inches *||64 inches||5327|
|36 ft||86 inches *||78 inches||6048|
|25,000 lbs||30 ft||72 inches *||64 inches||4780|
|30 ft||86 inches *||78 inches||5605|
|36 ft||72 inches *||64 inches||5762|
|36 ft||86 inches *||78 inches||6544|
|30,000 lbs||30 ft||72 inches *||64 inches||5030|
|30 ft||86 inches *||78 inches||5905|
|36 ft||72 inches *||64 inches||6020|
|36 ft||86 inches *||78 inches||6844|
Optional Features and Accessories
What do I need to load and unload a trailer?
A Six-Foot Level Off Makes End Loads More Accessible
An additional six feet allows you to unload safely from a level position. Yard ramps need a level off when loading or unloading a trailer. Because the forks of a forklift are angled upward, pallets cannot be loaded or unloaded when a forklift is on an inclined surface.
What type of wheels are available?
1. Steel Wheels
Solid 9″ solid steel wheels are virtually maintenance-free and facilitate easy positioning and towing. They fulfill over 90% of for customer requirements for moving yard-ramp into position. Steel wheels never go flat (Pneumatic tires lose air over time and can also be punctured.) In addition, steel wheels can hold the weight of the yard ramp and the additional weight from almost any load on top of the ramp. Pneumatic tires are designed to carry the yard-ramp weight only.
2. Solid Rubber Pneumatic Profile Tires
The hydraulic system engages two hydraulic cylinders for smooth and quick raising of front lip to the proper dock or trailer height. Simply open the release valve to safely lower the unit into position. The pump is mounted internally to protect it from accidental damage.
The tubular steel box undercarriage assembly has solid rubber pneumatic profile tires that make positioning the yard ramp easy.
How can I secure a trailer I want to unload when no tractor is attached?
Use a Trailer Stabilizing Jack to keep the trailer from upending or shifting during loading and unloading.
A crucial step in loading and unloading safely is the use of a stabilizing jack to prevent upending of a semi-trailer not attached to a vehicle. Choose from 4 designs and several capacities to meet your needs.
Request a Quote (847) 680-7700
Why Do I Need a Yard Ramp?
Yard ramps fulfill an important niche as a productivity tool, enabling the user to move heavy equipment via forklift from ground level to loading dock level. The chief purpose of a yard ramp is to facilitate the loading and unloading of semi-trailer trucks at locations that lack a loading dock. Alternatively, a yard ramp can be used to allow vehicles to enter a warehouse through a loading dock door.
Yard Ramp Experts at HandiRamp
At HandiRamp, we’ve developed our Yard Ramp Knowledge Base to provide you with the information you’ll need to make an informed decision about buying a yard ramp:
• Learn about optional features like wheel attachments and tow bars.
• Compare the benefits of buying used versus new yard ramps.
• Decide whether an aluminum or steel yard ramp is best for you.
• View yard ramp rentals near you.
• Read case studies about how customers used yard ramps to improve productivity.
HandiRamp is one of the the largest retailers of new and used yard ramps.
We have a team of experts that can quickly understand your specific needs and recommend the most cost-efficient solution.
Looking to rent a yard ramp for a short-term need? HandiRamp has ramps located for quick and easy delivery where ever you are located.
Looking for a used yard ramp? Since Handi Ramp keeps our rental fleet fresh, we typically have great deals on a slightly used ramp call today to learn about our variety of options.
Call 847-680-7700 to Discuss Your Needs
When you choose HandiRamp you work with an experienced team that will:
• Help you decide on the best ramp system for your money, and repurchase the yard ramp when you no longer need it.
• Provide you with the lowest delivered price for any yard ramp. Watch out for those dealers that show you retail prices on line! Shipping a yard ramp is challenging, they cannot provide you with the best delivered price using an online shopping cart. We will meet or beat any of our competitor’s prices.
• Get you a yard ramp fast. We have all been there and we realize that sometimes you need it yesterday. We’ll do our best to get it to you as quickly as possible.
• Provide the best one-on-one, friendly service, on which HandiRamp has built its 56 year reputation!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, our heavy duty yard ramps can be used for forklift loading and unloading.
A: Yes we rent portable dock yard ramps. Call for more information (800)876-7267
Request a Quote (847) 680-7700
Yard Ramp Knowledge Base Learn More About Yard Ramps
Yard Ramp Information
- Yard Ramp Overview
- Yard Ramp Operation
- Portable Loading Platforms
- Ground to Dock Yard Ramps
- Optional features
- Renting Options
- Info on Financing and Leasing
- How to Offload a Yard Ramp
- How to Move a Yard Ramp